Notification 2 Page
State Information Commission of Assam publishes Notification from time to time. The following is the detailed notification.
GOVERNMENT OF ASSAM
ADMINISTRATIVE REFORMS AND TRAINING DEPARTMENT
ORDERS BY THE GOVERNOR
NO.AR.78/2005/142 Dated: 2nd January, 2006
In exercise of powers conferred by clause (b) and (c) of sub-section (2) of section 27 of the "Right to Information Act, 2005 (22 of 2005)" enacted by Parliament, the State Government hereby makes the following rules, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement -
(1) These rules may be called the "Assam Right to Information (Regulation of Fee and Cost) Rules, 2005".
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Definitions -
In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires, -
(a) "Act" means the "Right to Information Act, 2005" enacted by Parliament:
(b) "Authorized person" means a person nominated by the "State Public Information Officer & Assistant State Public Information Officer as defined under Section 2(m) of the Act" or "Appellate Authority under Section 19 (1) of the Act", as the case may be, to accept fee prescribed under these rules ;
(c) "Section" means section of the Act;
(d) all other words and expressions used herein but not defined and defined in the Act shall have the meanings assigned to them in the Act.
3. A request for obtaining information under sub-section (1) of section 6 shall be accompanied by an application fee of rupees ten by way of cash against proper receipt or by demand draft or banker's cheque payable to the Authorized Officer of the public authority.
4. For providing the Information under sub-section (1) of section 7, the fee shall be charged by way of cash against proper receipt or by demand draft or banker's cheque payable to the Authorized Officer of the public authority at the following rates:-
(a) rupees two for each page (in A-4 or A-3 size paper) created or copied;
(b) actual charge or cost price of a copy in larger size paper;
(c) actual cost or price for samples or models; and
(d) for inspection of records, no fee for the first hour; and a fee of rupees five for each fifteen minutes (or fraction thereof) thereafter.
5. For providing the Information under sub-section (5) of section 7 the fee shall be charged by way of cash against receipt or by demand draft or banker's cheque payable to the Authorized Officer of the public authority at the following rates :
(a) for information provided in diskette or floppy Rupees fifty per diskette or floppy; and
(b) for information provided in printed form at the price fixed for such publication or Rupees two per page of photocopy for extracts from the publication.
Administrative Reforms & Training Department
Memo NO.AR. 78/2005/142-A Dated Dispur, the 2nd January, 2006
Copy forwarded to :
1. All Additional Chief Secretaries/Principal Secretaries/Commissioner & Secretaries to the Government of Assam, for information.
2. The Commissioner & Secretary, Chief Minister's Secretariat, Dispur for kind information of the Hon'ble Chief Minister.
3. The Secretary to the Governor of Assam, Governor's Secretariat, M. K. Gandhi Road, Kharghuli, Guwahati-4 for kind information of His Excellency, Governor of Assam.
4. All P.S. to Ministers, Ministers of Independent charges, Ministers of State, Dispur, Guwahati-6 for kind information of the Minister concerned.
5. The Chairman, Assam Board of Revenue, Guwahati.
6. The Chairman, Assam Administrative Tribunal, Guwahati.
7. The Chairman, Assam Electricity Board, Bijuli Bhawan, Guwahati-8.
8. The Chainnan, Assam Public Service Commission, Guwahati.
9. All Departments of the Assam Secretariat, Dispur.
10. All Commissioners of Divisions.
11. All Heads of the Departments.
12. All Autonomous Councils.
13. All Deputy Commissioners and Sub-Divisional Officers, Assam.
14. The Superintendent, Assam Govt. Press, Bamunimaidam, Guwahati-21 for
publication of this Notification in a special issue of the Assam Gazette. He is further requested to kindly submit one thousand copies of this special issue to the office of the undersigned for circulation.
By order etc.
Deputy Secretary to the Govt. of Assam
Administrative Reforms & Training Department Dispur, Guwahati-6