The Craftsmen Training Scheme (CTS) is a major scheme catering to the need of school-leavers and forms the backbone of the National Vocational Training System of the country. State government departments deliver vocational training to school-leavers/10th pass through ITIs.
Government Industrial Training Institutes are under the administrative and financial control of the respective State Governments.
The objectives of the Craftsmen Training Scheme are:
- To equip the human resource with appropriate skills required in the labour market
- To make the youth more productive by providing them employable skills to achieve wage benefits as well as self- employment
- To produce highly skilled craftsmen for the industry
- To ensure steady flow of skilled workers for industry/service sectors
- To raise the quality and quantity of industrial production by systematic training of potential workers
Apprenticeship Training Scheme:
Apprentices Act, 1961 was enacted with the following objectives:
- To regulate the programme of training of apprentices in the industry so as to conform to the syllabi, period of training etc. as laid down by the Central Apprenticeship Council; and
- To utilize fully the facilities available in industry for imparting practical training with a view to meeting the requirements of skilled manpower for industry.
Ex-ITI Trainees can avail the Apprenticeship Training Scheme which is implemented in the state through Central and State sector establishments. Some of the major Central sector establishments which employ Ex-ITI Trainees as Apprentices annually are as follows:
- Oil India Ltd
- Indian Oil Corporation
- Coal India Ltd
- Numaligarh Refinery Ltd
- Bongaigaon Refinery & Petrochemicals Ltd
As per recent amendments of the apprenticeship scheme, facilities have been created both for apprentices as well as establishments through online registration on the NCVT MIS (GoI) portal.
Click here for more details.
Whom to Contact:
Directorate of Employment and Craftsmen Training, Assam
A. K. Azad Road, P.O.-Rehabari,
Guwahati, Pin No. 781008, Kamrup(M)