Property tax is a main source of revenue for the GMC. At present, there are 1,76,099 property holders under the municipal corporation. There is the option of paying online, at the GMC offices or at banks.
Any person who owns property in Guwahati Municipal Area has to pay property tax to GMC.
Guidelines for paying property tax online:
- A citizen must register himself/herself on the GMC property tax portal.
- An ID/password will be provided to the users to pay their tax, view the tax details and download the receipt. You can directly enter by using your holding number.
- Click here for step by step guidelines.
- To find your Bill Numbers, enter your assessment Id in the 'Know Your Bill Details' field in the left panel of the portal and click 'Submit'. You can see your previous or current year’s bill details along with the Bill Number. Note down the current year bill number.
- You can also opt for Quick Pay
Property Tax Calculator:
To calculate your property tax, click on Property Tax Calculator.
For trade license, property tax and assessment, the corporation area is divided into 6 zones. Each zone is headed by a Deputy Commissioner.
To find out the Zone and Deputy Commissioner, click on GMC Zones.
There is no additional fees. Guwahati Municipal Corporation will bear the transaction charges for using this online payment facility by the citizens.
Copy of the assessment order or latest tax paid receipt.
Type of Service:
It is an online service.
How to Apply:
Register yourself. You will get an ID and Password.
You can pay online or in the GMC office or at assigned banks.
Click here to Apply.
Whom to Contact if Needed:
Guwahati Municipality Office