P&PG Deptt have issued Notification for providing Identity Cards to all the State Govt. pensioners as per format appended herewith [ Annexure-A] along with instructions/ guidelines detailed below:
1. Identity cards to the retired State Government employees/ pensioners shall be issued by the respective Administrative Departments, Heads of Departments and District Heads of Office through their respective authorized officers based on the applications submitted by the retired/ retiring govt. servants.
- For all India Services like IAS,IPS and IFS Officers their Identity Cards will be issued by the concerned cadre controlling departments i.e. Personnel ,home and Environment & Forest Departments respectively.
- For the Officers of Assam Civil Services, Assam Police Services, Assam Forest Services, Assam educations Services and Assam Finance Services Identity Cards will be issued by the concerned cadre controlling Departments i.e., Personnel (A) Home, Environmental & Forest, Finance Departments respectively.
- Regarding issue of Identity Cards to retired Assam Judicial Services officers and other staff working under their administrative control, Hon’ble Gauhati high Court may adopt similar procedure for issue of Identity Cards to the retired Assam Judicial Services officers and staff.
- For technical department officials like PWD, Irrigation, PHE, Water Resource and other line Department respective cadre controlling departments will issue the Identity Cards to the officers who worked under their administrative control.
- For officers and staffs who were working in the Secretariat belonging to the Assam Secretariat Services/ Stenography Services, on their retirement their Identity Cards will be issued by Secretariat Administration (Establishment) Department. For retired Stenograph, their identity card will be issued in the basis of the individual application to Secretariat Administration (Establishment) Department duly recommended by the Special Officer and ex-officio Deputy Secretary.
- The officers and staffs who worked in the Secretariat but not belong to Assam Secretariat Services may also be provided with the Identity Cards on their retirement on the basis of the individual application to Secretariat Administration (Establishment) Department duly recommended by their respective controlling officers. Their Identity Cards will be issued by Secretariat Administration (Establishment) Department.
2. The Cost of the Identity Cards Shall be borne by the retired Government Servants.
3. 2(two) copies of recent Passport size Photograph are to be provided by the retired govt. servants along with the application for Identity Cards.
4. Identity Cards will enable them to secure entry into Assam Secretariat and other Government offices. Separate entry passes for entry into Assam Secretariat by the retired Government servant will not be required for them. There should be separate line/queue for entry into Assam Secretariat for the retired Government servants/pensioners. Record of their entry should be maintained at the entry point in a separate register.
5. At District and Sub-Divisional Level, Deputy level, Deputy Commissioners and Sub Divisional Officers (Civil) will appoint an authorized officer for issue of such Identity Cards duly recommended by the concerned Heads of the Offices under which the retired Government servants served. The Deputy Commissioner and Sub Divisional Officers (civil) will be responsible for maintaining proper records about the issue of Identity cards so as to avoid duplicity or fake issue of Identity Cards.
6. The validity of the cards will be for a period of 10 (ten) years from the date of issue. Cards will be renewed for another 5 years in every time of renewal if necessary.
Please refer P&PG Department's Notification No.PPG(G)11/2012/83 Dated Dispur 26th June 2013 & Form of application for ID Card for Pensioners as given below: