The Assam Mountaineering and Adventure Institute started functioning w.e.f. 12/05/2015 at DeshbhaktaTarun Ram Phukan Indoor Stadium (DTRP) at R.G. Baruah Sports Complex, Ulubari, Guwahati-781007.
Aims and objectives:
Its aim is to establish a system to harness the energy and utilize the potential of youth in exploring the mountains and to scale the mountains go for expeditions, tracking, rock climbing, water sports etc.
Institutes conduct Adventure Sports Activities with trained persons.
Multi skill activities linked with employment generation, so as to avoid the occurrence of undesirable, unsocial and anti-national activities.
How to enroll?
Enrollment to the Institute has not yet started.
The requirements for the enrollment will be uploaded once the process is completed.
Various Programmes or Activities undertaken or completed successfully
- Rock Climbing and Water sports held at Diphu, Karabi-Anglong
- Rock Climbing and Water sports held at Bongaigaon
- Rock Climbing and Water sports held at Charon Beel, Morigaon
- High altitude trekking held at Beaskund, Himachal Pradesh
- Mt. Manirang Peek Expedition, Himachal Pradesh.
How to apply?
For Trekking, Water sports and Rock-Climbing:
Shri Tarun Saikia,
SMI, Director of Sports & Youth Welfare